Sunday, September 04, 2005

Here begins the lesson.

I suppose this is the place where I say why I have created a blog. I also suppose that every blogger on the internet begins his/her/it first blog saying why he/her/it have created a blog.
I have created a blog. Is there really more you need to know? I have placed my ego online in a form of communication that is so over crowded that most blogs are lucky to get ten hits a month. Obviously I didn't do this for fame, obviously I know that no one other than a few friends are going to read this thing.
And yet the question remains. Why?
Ok, so I'll humor the two of you who are reading this. I am doing this for three reasons.
1: Peer pressure.
2: A chronicle of the creative process.
3: To show the world that you too can overcome the handicap of bad spelling and still make it in this crazy world. (This is where I chuck you under the chin)

Let's take these one at a time.

1: Peer pressure. This is easy. I have friends who have blogs, they pressured me to start one as well. Since I cave easily to pressure I have thus started a blog. (You will soon find out that I am a weenie.)

2: A chronicle of the creative process. Obviously I can't write post after post about how people are pressuring me to start a blog. It would get old very quickly. (Sample post: "Well, it's been almost two years since I was pressured into starting a blog and dammit if I don't still have one.")
Since I started on a razor thin premise I decided to throw something more onto the pile so that I actually have SOMETHING to talk about, so I thought I'd talk about my show.
My show is a magic show. I am currently researching it and writing it and bugging my friends by making them watching stupid card tricks while their McDonalds burgers get cold. I thought I would use this forum to chronicle the process of creating the show. It's a lot more interesting than peer pressure which, after 36 years of age, I shouldn't be bothered by anyway. (Again, I'm a weenie.)

3: To show the world that you can overcome the handicap of bad spelling and still make it in this crazy world. Self explanatory really. My spelling sucks, now the whole world knows. My mother would be embarrassed, which is also a good reason to start a blog.

Oh yes, it is also my hope to make this blog a lot funnier than this posting has been up to now. Example: Man dem blondes are sure dumb. How about that David Hasselhoff, he sure had a funky car. Whoa, Richard Prior is still alive? What's up with that?
hilarity ensues.

Nest Post: Why I'm glad, why I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

And the blog spam has begun!

Welcome aboard the blogsphere, from an old pro. (hey, I've been at this for more than a week now...)

As long as people are spamming, I've got some real estate you should look at...

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home