Friday, September 09, 2005

... Oh yes, about that hat ...

Forgive me, I forgot about the hat.
Last post I said I was going to tell you about the show and the hat. The show you got, not so much the hat.
So here it is.
I got a new hat.
Why is this special?
Well, you see, this magical show I am aiming to do someday in the not so distant future is going to be titled "Magic, with the sleight-est hint of cheese." Notice the spelling of "sleight-est", it's clever that way.

Now just to clear things up I want to state for the record that "With the sleight-est hint of cheese" means cheesy, like a cheesy joke. It was something I said one night at a restaurant I was working at when I was doing a trick for two nice ladies and said something that popped into my mind. (I don't remember what I said, so let's just pretend it was freakin' brilliant.)
"You are so cheesy." One of the nice women said, and I replied "That's me, magic with the slightest hint of cheese." No really, It happened that way for real.
I thought it was a funny line and started using it, I even designed business cards with it. Then one day a friend in magic mentioned that maybe I should spell slightest "Sleight-est", as in sleight of hand. Voila! A classic is born.

Yes, I almost forgot about the hat again. Well, I figured, if I'm the cheesy magician I should have a cheesy hat. So a quick check on ebay for some of those cheesehead hats that are popular with a certain football team. (I think it's Green Bay, which doesn't make sense. Why would Green Bay fans wear orange cheese hats?)
And there it was, in all it's glory. Reasonably priced and stylish as well. I purchased it, and waited, and waited, and waited until finally it came yesterday. Man, I was excited, and the damn thing is beautiful.
But, you may ask, what is it man?? Stop tempting us you devil!
It is (drum roll please) a cheese top hat.
Yes, it is a bit of a let down, isn't it.
A cheese top hat for my cheesy show. It makes perfect sense. Now if only I could think up a trick with it. Maybe pulling a cheese rabbit from a cheese hat?

So there it is. My new hat. Oh yeah, do you have one?
Didn't think so. Bleah!!!!!!


Next Post: I find out I'm lactose intolerant and the cheese hat kills me. So there, Bleah!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Well, thank you. I feel much better now. I've been lying awake at nights, wondering "But the hat! What about the hat? He mentioned a hat..."

I went back and re-read the post title. Yep, a hat is clearly mentioned. Could it be a metaphor? Is it possible that 'Hat' is magicians slang for something he was referring to in the post? Does "I've got a hat" mean "I don't have to pay for parking?" to other magicians?

So here we are, we find out it's a big cheese top hat. Heh. "Big Cheese". You could do jokes about being in charge.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home