Thursday, October 20, 2005

I Love A Challenge!

On October 19, 2005, The Bill Pages posted the following Blog.
“Abra Cadabra, Baby
I don't know about you, but I can't wait to hear what Gord has to say about this.My guess is it won't be this girl.”

Right, a challenge. I can’t ignore this, even if I wanted to.
So, what do I think about this? Well, to tell the truth, I think it’s a joke.
This is not the first time Copperfield has claimed that he will magically impregnate a woman on stage, and it probably won’t be the last. The fact is that the whole trick would probably be boring as hell.
“Look, here is a test tube filled with semen. Now watch as I wave this hanky over it and, look, it’s gone! But where is it? Well maam, it’s in your ovaries and you are now pregnant. Wait, don’t believe me? Well here is a sonogram machine, let’s just take five or ten minutes to prove you are pregnant!”
Nope, can’t work. So it’s a joke, something to get his name in the papers. Some may say it’s desperate, I think it’s funny. Funny because now, all over the world, magical hacks are trying to figure out how to steal this trick.
That’ll show ‘em!
Next post: Unless there are any other challenges, I think I’ll talk about scripting. Like how to script a trick on magically making a woman pregnant and make it good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Okay, I want to see conception, gestation and birth, all live on stage and in less than 20 minutes.

Now that'd be a good trick.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home